Best Muscle Cars

1964 Ford Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car

By  | 


By Dave Ashton

VIN: 5F08F100241
Engine: 289 V8
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
Exterior Color: Fleet White
Mileage: 3,376
Price:US $1,099,000.00


Pace cars can sell for a variety of prices, most of them quite affordable, but this 1964 Ford Mustang Indy 500 Pace car is the top of the heap. The car was bought by its first private owner in 1991 a Mustang Club of America official who completed a thorough restoration. The description says that 95% of its parts were simply reconditioned and put back on the car, with the other 5% being either NOS or completely custom components. The frame was walnut-blasted to remove long-dead pigment.

The description in the ad. lists things the best – ‘Developed for the GT40 campaign, labeled “experimental” and, as far as anyone knows, the only factory-installed Mustang mill of its kind, this convertible’s 450 horsepower V8 is a literal fairy-tale of Ford performance. Behind that hot small block, an “experimental” Toploader 4-speed, which wears a familiar C3 bellhousing, turns a narrowed ’59 Galaxie limited-slip around 3.25 gears. At the ends of the car, a fully restored suspension employs a larger sway bar, shortened coils, de-arched leafs and original, mismatched Koni shocks. And power meets the pavement thanks to painted steel wheels, which spin NOS 7.75-14 Firestone 500 goldlines around faux stainless knock-offs.’

In all, you’re getting an extremely rare and beautiful Mustang, but you have to pay for this kind of exclusivity for an eye watering $1 million+.





More Muscle Cars For Sale –


Donate To Fast Muscle Car
We spend a lot of time bringing you muscle car content. If you would like to donate something to help us keep going, that would be fantastic.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Signup To Get The Latest Muscle Cars!